Texas Neurological Society Poster Competition for Residents
TNS invites you to participate in the Annual Poster Competition. All accepted posters will be presented Friday, January 31 at the TNS Annual Winter Conference in Austin, TX at the Hyatt Regency.
The poster presentations should present scientific information utilizing narrative material, photographs, charts, diagrams, etc. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the amounts of $1000, $500 and $250 as well as certificates.
*One presentation per resident per competition*
Application Procedures & General Rules:
TNS Membership: Neurology Residents and Fellows must be members of TNS (or submit an application)
Posters should include
- Title: Simple title representing the key element(s) of the study, printed in very large font (72 point)
- Authors: Write authors full names with middle initials in large font (48 point). Indicate each author’s highest degree (e.g., Ph.D., M.D.). A comma should be used to separate authors.
- Affiliations: Complete names and locations of the institutions where the work was done.
- Main body: Use large text (24 point font) and legible figures to describe the work. Use standard scientific outline with headings for Background, Methods, Results and Discussion/Conclusions.
- References: References should be cited parenthetically in the text by author and year of publication, for example (Fisher et al., 2011). Limit of 3 references per poster.
Poster Formatting Guidelines
• TNS will be printing all posters.
• Do NOT print/bring your own poster.
• The resident is responsible for paying the $25 poster printing fee when they register for the TNS 2020 Meeting.
• The deadline to register for the conference and pay poster printing fee for poster participants is January 3, 2020. Keep in mind registration for residents is FREE until January 3.
• The resident is responsible for sending a PDF version of their poster to Caitlyn.Boyd@texmed.org by January 6, 2020.
• You MUST follow the directions below to ensure your poster meets the requirements.
• If you do not follow the requirements there is a possibility text and/or images will not fit on the poster board.
FORMATTING PDF VERSION OF POSTER
- Complete poster application by January 2, 2020.
- Register for the meeting & pay poster printing fee by January 3, 2020.
- Send a PDF version of your poster to Caitlyn.Boyd@texmed.org by January 6, 2020. (please see poster formatting guidelines for further instructions)
- Resident or Fellow will present their posters on Friday, January 31, 5:30 - 6:30pm. Your poster will already be up and ready for display.
- Awards ceremony will be held on Saturday, February 1 at 4:00 pm.
Application deadline is January 2 at 11:45pm.
POSTER COMPETITION APPLICATION