The purposes of the Society are:
- To promote the interest of patients with neurologic disease by supporting the development and delivery of quality medical care to these patients, and by opposing those things adverse to their interests.
- To cultivate and foster cordial relations among all members of the neurological and allied scientific professions.
- To establish contact between members of the profession who may seek assistance through advice on technical, economic, and political matters affecting the practice of neurology.
- To encourage interest among graduates in medicine to enter this field of specialty.
- To create through this organization a group devoted to special endeavors to promote the specialty of Neurology.
- To provide an outlet for expression of professional opinions for the benefit and advancement of neurological sciences in Texas.